20 March, 2012

Beef Jerky Wine


I have been banned from purchasing wine.  I don't know anything about wine, so I purchase by whatever 'looks good' in the liquor store.  Not the best practice.....  Several months back, I was making jambalaya and wanted to impress my boyfriend with my wine pairing with the meal.  I purchased this wine:
Sounds cool right?  Trendy label.....   Well it's not cool!  It smelled- and I kid you not- like beef jerky.  And it tasted......... like beef jerky!  So much for impressing the man.  

Now that I have a job as a server at a restaurant with the best wine list outside of Philadelphia, I guess it's time to educate myself a little.  I picked up this book at the library:
This is a great book, and easy reading.  Turns out when the restaurant got their liquor license a few months back, this is the book the chef/owner selected for all the servers to read.  It goes through the regions of Italy, what the climate and culture is like, and how it affects the wines.  

So if you are interested in Italian wine, I highly recommend this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment