19 March, 2012

Produce Heaven!

I can't wait for spring produce!  There's nothing better then grilling fresh veggies and fruits.  I went to produce junction yesterday and this is a sampling of what I found:
That's right, even guayabos are in this picture!  I think I'm going to simmer them down tomorrow and make some kind of guayabo pork tenderloin.  I bought plaintains too so I'll cook those up and me and the boyfriend will have a tropical meal.  I'll post pics and the recipe tomorrow.

Of course I had to put my newly acquired produce to good use right away, so I made grilled veggie pizza.  Here's some ingredients ready to go: 
And here they are grilling up good:

I made a naan-like flatbread and grilled it over the fire for a couple minutes, brushed it with sun-dried tomato tapenade, added spinach, and then threw on the grilled sweet peppers, green peppers, zucchini, tomato, onions, grilled smashed garlic.

I'm not ecstatic about the flatbread recipe I used, so I will modify it and post a recipe worth making later!

No comments:

Post a Comment