No problem. Whip her up these sugar cookies quick. You can't even tell they're gluten-free!
They are light sugar cookies that melt in your mouth.
I don't usually use boxed cake mixes, but these are really great for a quick gluten free treat, and you don't have to buy 16 gluten free flours to make it!
I wish I had a fun cookie cutter, or bright sprinkles to use.
But I didn't.
The beauty of these cookies is you need so few ingredients. I'll be keeping a box of this mix in my house for a quick gluten-free dessert anytime.
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
1 box gluten-free Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
(found with other cake mixes, NOT in gluten-free aisle)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and water, mixing just until incorporated.
- Gradually beat in the boxed flour mix.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart (give them room, they will expand!)
- Gently flatten the dough balls a bit with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 9-11 minutes. or until just beginning to turn a golden color. Underbake, don't overbake!
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. These cookies are delicate due to being gluten-free.
- Carefully remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.