01 December, 2012

Homemade Cranberry Sauce


Ohhh cranberry sauce, how I've dishonored you.  
I made you with love, then froze you, it's true!
And even worse, then I forgot about you!
But it's not too late to be made anew.  

Yes, Thanksgiving was a holiday you missed.
But take it easy, don't be pissed!  
You made these muffins so delish!
And also this braised beef you kissed.

Apparently I've lost my wits,
writing a poem to a condiment, 
but I do what I must and what I must do is cook,
thanks for stopping by and taking a look. 
At what I cook.  

:)

Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Adapted from Food Network

12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1 strip orange peel 
2 tbsp orange juice

1. In a saucepan over low heat, add the half of the cranberries, the water, sugar, and orange peel.  Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft. Increase heat to medium and cook until cranberries burst (about 12 minutes).

2. Reduce heat back to low and add the rest of the cranberries.  Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until new cranberries slightly soften.  Remove from heat and cool before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment